New Fish Owner Fish Dying :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No more deaths so far... they look a lot better today and not as pale when I turned the llights on... I think the stress and them resting is why they were that way yesterday... a few are venturing off from the school now and they found good sleeping spots in the live plants.... thanks for the help I think they are ok now... I was so worried but I think they're settling in now

No more deaths so far... they look a lot better today and not as pale when I turned the llights on... I think the stress and them resting is why they were that way yesterday... a few are venturing off from the school now and they found good sleeping spots in the live plants.... thanks for the help I think they are ok now... I was so worried but I think they're settling in now

Very nice. Happy to hear it. Also fish sometimes tent to be a little pale at first when turning back on the light. That's normal.

Taking pictures or doing tests under artifical light is a no no because it makesnit much harder to see. If ammonia or nitrite is more than .50 do a water change.

Well what kinda light do I use? And I did a 75% change when it was 50 which is what several told me in the chat

Well if it isn't artifical light then the only other light i can think of would be something called daylight? You know, that stuff that seems to just appear for 12hours a day:p

I didn't see it brought up, although I'm sure it did, but putting 25 fish in a 20gal tank that previously had none wasn't the best course of action. Glad you haven't lost many but really keep an eye on those parameters. That's a pretty heavy, initial load.

I didn't see it brought up, although I'm sure it did, but putting 25 fish in a 20gal tank that previously had none wasn't the best course of action. Glad you haven't lost many but really keep an eye on those parameters. That's a pretty heavy, initial load.

I know that now but when it happened my friend that has tanks was helping me and he told me how many to get and poured them in... she said her biowheel made it ok.. but like I said I know better now

Back
Top Bottom