New mother death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, I took the rock out, and right after I did it, she started swimming all upside down, in circles, like a madman.

**I found her in the corner of my tank on the bottom. :(

Could it be that she was under so much stress after I took the rock out and rinsed the eggs that it's what caused her death? If it is, I almost feel badly in a way because I guess it is my fault. I tested my params after and all was well.

No, she shouldn't have died because you removed infertile eggs. None of the other fish are acting weird? If everyone else is fine it rules out contamination. Since she didn't pick up the eggs it could be that she was already ill and couldn't hold the fry in her mouth.

I am going to split this topic and move this to the Unhealthy Fish forum. It's a lot of topics all in one and I think you'll get better responses if each topic is seperated.

Thanks for moving. Hm, I thought it was just from stress. But, maybe you're right and that she was already ill. All of the other fish are swimming ifne, nothing is really different.

Back
Top Bottom