New panda cory w/ clamped fins, not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys,

So yesterday I purchased 1 honey gourami and 5 panda corys and put them in my cycled 10 gallon qt thank to keep an eye on them before putting them in my dt.

The gourami is shy, and 4 of the pandas are very active and curious. The last cory is breathing pretty heavily, all fins clamped but his dorsal at half-mast. I'm not sure if the other corys pushed him to be in a different area than he was yesterday, but I haven't really seen the little guy move :( other than the clamped fins and lack of behavior, I don't see anything else that could be of concern about him?

I bought all fish from the wet spot in Portland. The tank was 0/0/5 when I put the new fish in, and I spent 45-60 minutes acclimating them. I would suspect something as my fault if more than one fish was having problems, but so far, it's just the one panda cory who is the smallest one too. Any advice?

I have not yet put any sort of medication in the qt tank.

Anyone?

The little cory CAN move a little, but seems like it can't quite get off the bottom surface of the tank. There's no substrate in there really, just a few smooth river rocks originally used to hold down some ornaments. Everyone else is very active! But the sad little cory hides in a corner... I'm beginning to wonder if I should just buy another one when I go out to my lfs as insurance in case this one might die.

When I fed them this morning, it didn't react at all. However, tomorrow I'll try some frozen bloodworms and see what happens. Any suggestions or medicine advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom