New QT and sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfrye

Aquarium Advice Regular
Story time!

So I bought my wife a 36 gallon bow for some fat goldfish but she hasn't used it yet. I just set it up as a QT and put a couple emerald corydoras in there because they worry me. One of the looks like he has cloudy white splotches and the other isn't very active. I have 2 other emerald Cory's and they are active all the time, day and night. All the other fish are fine in the MT, no signs of any issues. I put melafix in the QT and am now seeking further guidance. The MT is 90g, with leopard danios, neon tetras, a blue snail, 3 swordtails, 5 Amano shrimp, 1 julii Cory and 4 total emerald Cory's (including the 2 in QT)

Any thoughts are welcome, please don't critique the tanks too much. I haven't had any issues since setup ~5 months ago.

Oh just did a 40% water change. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrite ~10, before water change. Ph is 7.9. The last picture is the reflection of the Cory that seems sickest, he isn't belly up.

.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396031044.836353.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396031061.894157.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396031079.319510.jpg

I started treating with melafix and pimafix. They still aren't as active as before, but I did see them moving around more last night. C ant wait to put them back in the MT.

As of this morning the Corys are now swimming all over the QT tank and seem as activek as they once were. Couple more days and they will go back with their friends in the MT. Woohoo

Back
Top Bottom