Newly Bought Balloon Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emma_Charisma

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm on a road to nowhere (Or, Idaho, I guess)
Hi! Just this morning, I bought a new load of fish; I got three white-skirt tetras and one balloon molly. When I was looking at the fish this evening, I noticed that every once in a while the balloon molly will position itself vertically (face-up) and spew out some itty-bitty bubbles. It then goes back to swimming absolutely normally.
At feeding time, it ate its food just fine, there was no problem there. When it goes to the bathroom everything looks okay. My tank's parameters are fine-- I'm lost!
Could it be swim bladder disorder? I've been looking at that, but most of the swim patterns of affected fish are a bit different then what mine is doing.
Or am I totally over-thinking all of this and this is normal for Balloon Mollies?

Thank you infinitely much for any help you give-- it matters a lot!(y)

So far the balloon molly's been doing alright today. Watched my tank for ~60 minutes and didn't notice the molly doing the vertical-bubbles thing. I believe it's safe to assume it was just stressed from being put in a brand new home. If I notice it again, though, I'll do a salt treatment right away.
The only other weird thing that it did today was just a few moments ago. It managed to get stuck in the space between the tank wall and my net breeder. I'm glad I noticed it right away-- it was stuck tight and couldn't move! When I moved the net breeder it stayed still for a few moments and then swam away. I'm thinking it was just curiosity getting the best of it, but I'd rather be safe than be sorry.

Thanks for listening, and I appreciate any help a ton! :fish2: :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom