No idea - velvet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRealJobe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I think my fish have a problem. These are my first fish so please work with me.

I have 5 gold tetra in a cycled 55. My readings are in range but my P.H. is a bit high, around 7.6.

My concern started when one of the fish was straight on face ramming one side of the tank.This behavior has since stopped following a water change.

However, I did notice all of the fish seem to have little pieces of reflective metal around the area where the head meets the body and it's gold in color. It is only visible when the light hits the fish just right.

Looking up what I could the only thing I saw with gold spots mentioned was velvet, but that sounded more like it would be gold colored spots, not a reflective metallic coloring.

Anyway started treating with a double does of ich attack and haven't seen any change after.5 days. So I don't know what to think. I would love to supply a picture but can't figure out to get one that would show the issue.

Velvet isnt gold spot its a velvety coat over the fish and that might be the case
Ich attack alone wont help u must buy an anti bacterial remedy not only ich attack as velvet and ich arent the same

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So that's part of the strangeness, there is no velvet coating on them.
The ich attack's bottle says it will get the velvet (calls it by scientific name), I verified this claim on their website and by speaking to some vet their call center was able to reach for me.

That being said, if the product is garbage I have no problem getting something better, I just don't know what I can get. All my LFS are saltwater, except for *co and *smart.

Sera baktopur is also an excellent (my fav) product and works best

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom