Nooooo!!!! Ickkkk!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to hear your fish are doing well! Remember to keep the temp up for around a week after all the ich is gone from sight. Then bring it back down to 80ish.

I personally wouldn't go over 88.

Also If I were you I would keep 2 heaters in ur tank ESP with a cheaper one from eBay. I have used one and it worked well but I had a smaller back up heater set at 72 just in case.

:)

Glad to hear your fish are doing well! Remember to keep the temp up for around a week after all the ich is gone from sight. Then bring it back down to 80ish.

I personally wouldn't go over 88.

Also If I were you I would keep 2 heaters in ur tank ESP with a cheaper one from eBay. I have used one and it worked well but I had a smaller back up heater set at 72 just in case.

:)

Thats exactly what I do as well. I keep my smaller one set at 78 and on a different circuit...just in case....

This heater isn't doing well... Only thing it manages to heat successfully at the temp I put it at Is a 10g...
It says it is about 84 in tank... Dropped again last night... Heater should be here tomorrow or next day... I have it set at 88.... Tho obviously not getting there.
Can't wait! And when I get paid next week I'm getting 2 more! They have 200w for $12!!

This heater isn't doing well... Only thing it manages to heat successfully at the temp I put it at Is a 10g...
It says it is about 84 in tank... Dropped again last night... Heater should be here tomorrow or next day... I have it set at 88.... Tho obviously not getting there.
Can't wait! And when I get paid next week I'm getting 2 more! They have 200w for $12!!
Hopefully your temps don't drop to much more before you get the new heater! A 200W for $12? Nice deal! What brand is it?

skywhitney said:
Hopefully your temps don't drop to much more before you get the new heater! A 200W for $12? Nice deal! What brand is it?

I got the 150w for $10.71 free shipping...
Not sure the brand... Off brand maybe but ratings for seller AND customers ratings and comments for heater were excellent.
Well my Aqueon heater is only 4 1/2 mths old.

for some reason i've always shy'd away from the aqueon heaters. I know that some people swear by them and some people hate them. Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with them though.

This is what happened to me with my 26gal. Lol though I had to pay $50 for my heater.
Hope all turns out well! :)

Poor little guy. He's soo cute too, but remember it gets worse before it gets better.
I wasn't able to get my heater for at least four days after I noticed the spots and so far everyone is fine.
I hope all goes well. :)

Yah the temperature speeds up the life cycle of the parasite. To make it simple there are 3 stages. Here is the basic idea.

1) the parasite digs into the fish and is protected from medications.

2) the parasite anchors to the bottom as a cyst and clings to something, again you can't kill it.

3) 100s to 1000s of new parasites (tomites) emerge into the water to find another fish victim and are vulnerable to medication.

It is assumed that at higher temperatures the parasite can not properly breed and eventually dies off.

BE SURE TO SUPPLY PLENTY OF OXYGEN FOR YOUR FISH AS HIGH TEMPERATURES LOWER 02.

Haha... The raised temp seems to have caused my betta to fill with eggs... She's a lot more flashy the last 3 days and is chasing the others slightly again, is a lot fuller in the belly area, and her white vent tube is protruding slightly... :) everyone appears happy...
I can't wait to get the new heater tomorrow... Need to get rid of this Ich!
Heater only holding at 82-84...

absolutangel04 said:
Oh, sad day! I am really sorry about that! :(

Thank you... It was the other of the original trio... He never got a pudgy belly...

The remaining one came with a pudgy belly and still has it after 2 wks (tomorrow)...

Back
Top Bottom