Normal for a bristlenose pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the are going white and or receding i have read it is a bacterial infection. Doing good water changes and possibly Quarantining the BN (unless other fish are affected you may want to treat all...if not QT the pleco)and using an antibacterial medication should help.....Clean water will be very very important throughout the healing process.

I read somewhere the person used
"Jungle Bacteria Eliminator, which contains Nitrofurazone and Furazolidone"
Not sure where to find it....you can use melafix if that doesn't help try primafix after changing up the water. read you can mix them but i'm not sure about that or if I would even trust that....just remember to take carbon out while medicating

Bumpity bump bump. I sold the fish for an extremely high price. It had that white "horn" until the day I sold him. He had it for about 2 years and it wasn't a problem.

Holy **** I didn't expect that at all, looks like a white sausage coming out of his nose!

Yes. And please note his bristles were already abnormally large for BN pleco. It was huge. And when he actually swam, it would flop.

Maybe it was a bristle that got infected?

He grew up in a tank with a freshwater stingray and had a bad eye. So maybe.

Man, I've never seen that, and I don't know, why, but this is a pretty freaky bn pleco lol, but it was cool at the same time, why did you sell it?

Yea, after about a year old they prefer more meaty stuff, I would have kept it, that's a monster! 7 in!

Back
Top Bottom