Not again aaarrghh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mileymoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
My new female gourami has 2 white spots on her fin and a white spot near her eye, I've only had her a week 3 days ago her ventral fin is split with a white dot where it splits in to two, I had white spot 5 week ago and all the fish seemed ok, a couple had fin rot which I treated and resolved, my tank is 20.68 gallon I have two pearl gouramis, 2 Cory's 2 loaches, 7 rummy nose tetras, 6 red based serpeas 2 sword tales and 2f & 2m guppies and 32 4 days old guppy fry how's the best way to treat this with less stress to the fish I don't care what it costs I just want my fish to be healthy again, I got the tank given to me about 9 weeks ago, I started with new water, my ph was low 4 days ago 6.2 and now 7 everything else is normal I do 30% water changes once a week please help

Sounds like ich, there are some great articles on this site on how to treat. I am not sure how fry will hold up against them but you can always move them to a smaller aquarium as you treat.

Basically the heat and salt method is recommended over medication a lot of the time, basically you *** aquarium salt and increase temp. gradually! Hopefully someone can elaborate because i have never battled ich before! It may not even be ich! Definitely go read some articles and search the web though!

My new female gourami has 2 white spots on her fin and a white spot near her eye, I've only had her a week 3 days ago her ventral fin is split with a white dot where it splits in to two, I had white spot 5 week ago and all the fish seemed ok, a couple had fin rot which I treated and resolved, my tank is 20.68 gallon I have two pearl gouramis, 2 Cory's 2 loaches, 7 rummy nose tetras, 6 red based serpeas 2 sword tales and 2f & 2m guppies and 32 4 days old guppy fry how's the best way to treat this with less stress to the fish I don't care what it costs I just want my fish to be healthy again, I got the tank given to me about 9 weeks ago, I started with new water, my ph was low 4 days ago 6.2 and now 7 everything else is normal I do 30% water changes once a week please help

Sounds like you have quite a few fish in there

The best way to fix your fish is to fix their water... And that's going to be pretty tough in such a densely packed environment. Perhaps you could get another small tank if you're willing to spend some dough... It would definitely help with the water quality

Sounds like you have quite a few fish in there

The best way to fix your fish is to fix their water... And that's going to be pretty tough in such a densely packed environment. Perhaps you could get another small tank if you're willing to spend some dough... It would definitely help with the water quality
+1 to this, definitely an issue

Thanks guys, the fish came with the tank and to be honest I was going to try to see if a pet shop wanted some, I think it's the move that's unsettled them to, I shouldn't of bought the female pearl gourami ( wish I hadn't) has I'm trying to reduce the fish, I love my Cory's and rummy nose tetra, might find homes for the 6 red base tetras and the two sword fish as they are quite big ( females) and the pet shop said they'd have the fry and give me a credit note how soon can you re-home fry, and would 7 rummy nose tetras 2f & 2m guppies 2 loaches 2 Cory's and 2 gouramis be ok for 94 litre tank? As you can probably tell I'm completely new at this, I've had no deaths touch wood

I now have 2 pearl gouramis, 4guppys, 7 rummy nose , 2 Cory's 2 loaches and 32 fry that I'm investing in a smaller tank for them on there own is the above ok in a 94 litre tank?

Back
Top Bottom