Not another one - sick angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Another angel seems to be in jeopardy. I've lost all but 2, and now my silver with black stripes is not eating and looks like he's breathing rapidly. I moved him back to my home tank and that's when it started. I acclimately very slowly (nearly an hour). After testing both tanks, the parameters are almost identical. I no longer have the high nitrate at school??? Anyway, I felt he was stressed in my school tank because it was so busy with mollies swimming around. Now he only has 2 cory's and a school of neon tetras with him. I've said this before...if the water quality is good enough for cory's and tetras to thrive, shouldn't it be good enough for angels? The temp is 78, amm. 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 10, ph 7.6. I vacuum and do pwc's weekly. I really don't want to lose this one, he is my favorite. BTW, my other angel is doing really well in my school tank.

Well, I came home and found my angel taking it's last gasps, then minutes later it died:nono:. This was not a really small one, it was the size of a silver dollar. I just can't figure this out. I looked it over really good and there was no sign of anything at all. Can they die from stress?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom