Not eating following sickness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitekat87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

So my betta has been very sick with parasites and popeye. He didn't move from his leaf for two days and stopped eating. I really didn't think he would make it through the night.

However, after treatment, the swelling to his eye/face has greatly reduced, there's no signs of any more parasites after the one on his side dropped off and he's a lot more active, even flaring up at me.

The only trouble is he hasn't started eating again. It's been about 5 days since he last took anything and he normally loves the pellets I give him.

Any suggestions on how to get him eating would be greatly appreciated.

Further info
Ammonia and nitrites 0
Nitrates 10
Ph 7
It's a 5 gallon tank with no other fish in here although he's only been in here a few weeks because I discovered he doesn't appreciate tank mates (it was already cycled tho)

You might consider trying frozen blood worms, or even frozen Brine shrimp. Bettas are carnivores. Sounds like your betta has really been through it. Freeze dried blood worms and brine shrimp are also available, but considering his lack of appetite frozen might do the trick. Remember, feed very sparingly. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom