Not sure if betta's eye is okay...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epicgear60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had this betta for 3 weeks and its eyes havent changed. It eats and likes to frollic about the tank. The tank is 20 gallons and not sure bout the ph or nitrates but when the betta is faced is mouth towards me the lens around its eye is kind of cloudy/distorted. When I see it from the side, it is clear but in the light it looks cloudy. Dont have any pics and this is the only problems. Ive seen some pictures of popeye but it isnt doubled in eye size. In the dark it kinda looks like it has a dent in its eye? My corydoras are doing perfectly well though. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Also, it has a good amount of plants and a driftwood center with some java moss on it. Also there is a co2 injector. whatever lol....

First thing test your tank. Has it cycled at all? If you post a picture it would be better help.

I cycled it for a week before I added the corydoras. I added the Betts a week after that. I also have a sand substrate, so to make up for it I added a biofilter that sucks water in through the use of bubbles. I have a plant dieing so that may contribute to one of the levels. Besides water changes, what can speed up the production of the good bacteria?

So here's the picture. Sry, this was the best picture I could take since he kept going everywhere. As you notice, his right eye is seems to have a slight glimps and both bulge out a little. Have no idea though.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121001_185340.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121001_185340.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 80
Not sure exactly what it is....... You should really test your tank. You could have high ammonia.

epicgear60 said:
I've had this betta for 3 weeks and its eyes havent changed. It eats and likes to frollic about the tank. The tank is 20 gallons and not sure bout the ph or nitrates but when the betta is faced is mouth towards me the lens around its eye is kind of cloudy/distorted. When I see it from the side, it is clear but in the light it looks cloudy. Dont have any pics and this is the only problems. Ive seen some pictures of popeye but it isnt doubled in eye size. In the dark it kinda looks like it has a dent in its eye? My corydoras are doing perfectly well though. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Also, it has a good amount of plants and a driftwood center with some java moss on it. Also there is a co2 injector. whatever lol....

One of my female Bettas had the same thing happen or at least it sounds like the same thing & then one day it was gone. I never could figure it out, she was the only one out of 3 females it happened with & it was both of her eyes. I do have a male that got some kind of fungus not long after I got him & he appears blind in his left eye but he still eats like a pig & is thriving in his 10g 8 months later.

Back
Top Bottom