Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2020, 12:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Not sure if my Rams is sick or not?

Hi, I have 2 rams, a golden male and a german blue female, I had them in a 20 gallon tank but I decided to get a new tank that is larger for them. The new tank is 32.5 gallons and naturally planted, i let it run and grow in for 2 weeks and waited until the water parameters were identical to the old tank before i moved them. Since it's a bigger tank i also put in 8 neon tetras and a kuhli loach.. I dont know if I have two many fish or what is going on but my rams are acting like they are fine, normal behavior etc but in one day they habe gone from very bright colors to very pale, especially the girl, her stomach isn't even pink right now, and the boy has faded too.. they aren't acting sick but they also are being a little different. Normally they are always together but they are spe.ding time apart and I am just worried.. should I take the other fish out? Is it normal for them to lose color when you move them at first? They are still eating fine and they dont SEEM to be doing anything weird. Also the water still looks the same, I have been neurotically checking it with api 6 test strips and ammonia strips all day. I'm so worried and confused!

Old 05-31-2020, 12:44 AM   #2

*ARE not is.. I was thinking two things at once ha

Old 05-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #3

Nevermind! Today they look back to normal! Ha fish are stressful
Old 05-31-2020, 06:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Odds are they were a little stressed from the move. Keep an eye on the water quality though because after switching tanks over it can take a little bit for the bacteria colony to rebound.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:28 AM   #5

Thank you so much! They seem to be doing a lot better but I have been so paranoid that I think I keep seeing things that aren't there.. I think they are still trying to decide what area they want to be theirs.

Tags
ick, ram, rams, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com