Now the DOJOs are sick!!! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I swear fish keeping is a lot like an emotional roller coaster, at least for me right now! I'm just ready to start screaming!!! As a little bit of background info. I bought a Ropefish about 2 weeks ago and didn't QT him (I know I know). Well, shortly after I added him I noticed he had Ich and then later noticed what was ID'd as Anchor Worms. I immediately started treating the Ich by using the heat method and the worms by using Jungle Parasite Clear. I also did several PWC to try to keep the water in clean condition. I haven't suffered any deaths so far, but a few of the fish developed some issues. Here's a breakdown of what's going on...

Current Tank Parameters: Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 20ppm, Ph 8.0, Temp 88.2° (Ich)

Tank inhabitants: (2) Gold Gouramis, (2) Pearl Gouramis, (1) Opaline Gourami, (4) Bolivian Rams, (9) Tiger Barbs, (4) Yoyo Loaches, (4) Dojo Loaches, (1) Sailfin Pleco, and (1) Ropefish.

Health Problems
- Gouramis: The 2 Gold, 1 Opaline, and female Pearl were perfectly fine through the whole thing. The male Gourami however developed a very red and ragged looking dorsal fin. Upon testing the water I found that the Nitrates had somehow climbed to 40-80ppm. I started to treat the tank with Melafix and did some more PWC. Within the next couple of days the redness was slowly going away. Today, it's completely gone! I considered him to be healed.

- Bolivian Rams: Three of them are perfectly fine as far as I can see. The fourth one has a bit of a defect that I can't put my finger on. Aside from the swimming wierd, he seems to be ok.

- Tiger Barbs: I've noticed nothing out of the oridinary.

- Yoyo Loaches: I've noticed nothing out of the oridinary.

- Sailfin Pleco: I've noticed nothing out of the oridinary.

- Ropefish: I've noticed nothing out of the ordinary. The worms are gone and so are the Ich spots.

- Dojo Loaches: I've noticed that 1 of my Dojos' dorsal fin is completely MIA and his tail is also a little beat up. Another of the Dojos has a split tail fin. The third Dojo's fin seems to be alright if a tiny bit ragged. The Gold Dojo looks perfect. I don't know when these issues started as they like to hide quite a bit, but I'm seeing it for the first time tonight. I haven't seen any of the other fish picking on any of them and they've all got very healthy appetites. Is this the normal type of Fin Rot and should I start dosing the tank once again with Melafix and/or Pimafix?

Here are some pictures:
#1: Dojo with the missing fin:
mfin.jpg

mfin1.jpg

#2: Dojo with the split tail fin:
mfin2.jpg

#3: Dojo with slightly ragged fin:
mfine.jpg

Nobody has any thoughts about these pictures? They all seem to be doing ok at the moment. They all ate this morning and nobody looks any worst today than they did yesterday. I'll keep monitoring them though.

Back
Top Bottom