Oh God!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
My pleco was just munching on my sick pleco. I don't know what to do!! He quit but what happened when im not around to knock on the glass. My goldie is no longer gold, he is white.. my pleco ate off a patch of scales... I don't have anything to QT my goldfish other than a vase..

Oh god, what do I do?

do you have a piece of plastic that would fit in the tank to essentially seperate it into to two. If you do make sure there are hole in it to allow for water circulation. Other then that, without a QT tank, there's not much you can do.

HTH

I looked over again and my pleco was sucking on my goldie, again =o/

I put him in the vase for the time being

Im trying to think of what I can put in the tank as a separator

at 9:30 at night I prolly won't be able to find one, and im not sure if he will make it throo the nite as is

Also, I was about to go to bed since I didn't go to bed last nite.

He found a way to get out

He no longer has his long fancy fins and he is a lot whiter. *sigh* I guess my pleco or someone got to him. I might go to wal-mart ot pets-mart and buy one of those goldfish bowls with a little filter and light

For temp QT you can do the winter koi method and put him in a rubbermaid container with areation/filtration (or areation and daily 50 percents)
but even if he recovers he is not going to be able to get away from that pleco adn he'll get sick all over again. He'll appreciate a lil salt and unheated water after his ordeal anyway.
But I think you picked up a separate Qt yesterday, huh?..ack , I am slowin down..... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom