Oh My Mollies! and Wendy too!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raijevais

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 6 Mollies all looking like they want to give up the ghost!

They are Creamsicle Ly. Tails and are so lovely.... or they were....

3 of the 6 look like death is not far off... 1 male and 2 Females.

About a week ago they all have a white fungus growing on them so I went out and bought a 10 gallon tank to be used as a Hospt. Tank. We took the filter out of my Fry tank so the medium would have some of the good stuff going for it and the tank as off last night had finished cycling.
We did put the fish in before it had cycled but thought that getting them out of the community tank was key to limit the spread of infection.

I have added Aq. Salts as directed and Myc.-Oxy to the Hopt. Tank.
Now here's what is wrong with them:

All of them have clamped Fins. but more often than not them are clamped down, they also all seem to either settle on the bottom with there backs hunched at sharp angles.... or float near the filter with there backs at the opposite angle.....

1 has a serious swim bladder issue. we have started calling him Mormont Nose Dive. He refuses to eat the peas and what was just white dry skin looking scales on the top of his head have turned Grey. He LOOKS diseased.....
Bertha, this lady is BOXEY obviously Very pregnant and has the same Dry cracked skin looking scales. She has had them since we got her 3 weeks ago. She is the largest of all the molly's and dare say is the ugliest Molly I have ever seen.... She swims like she is waddling and the "dry skin" has now spread past her dorsal fin. She is eating well.

Randy, Our other Male seems to be the ONLY one really improving. he still has a bit of fuzz on the end of his tail and is clamped down but seems to be eating ok, comes to the top readily for food and take a few laps when he notices us looking at him before looking as pathetic as the rest.

the other 3 females have not been named yet. One is also VERY pregnant (thanks to Randy!)
They all have the same creeping white dry scales, clamped fins and lethargic natures.

I don't think the scales are part of their coloring seeing as only Bertha's were noticeable when we got them and not they all have them and some are turning gray.

I think my best bet would be to return them to PetSmart as they are all clearly diseased.....

Also in my community tank my favorite Platy Wendy, has come down with a SERIOUS case of fin rot. She was in the fry fank for awhile as she was expecting. She only had 1 fry, and one of the Molly's I am not sure which also only had 1 fry. buth fry's are in a 2 gallon tank with lots of horn root at the moment.

She was fine in the fry tank... but got sick when I put her in the community tank. She is loosing color quickly too. I am afraid to put her in the Hospt. tank though because everyone there keeps getting worse.

short of adding a 4th tank to my home in as many weeks.... do you have any ideas?

or any clue what can be dome to save the Mollies?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom