one more sickness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

something_fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a seperate tank for 2 indian dwarf puffers. One has a slightly transparent tail fin and has developed some yellow/white globule like spots on the tailfin. They seem to be rather large clumps of stuff, what could it be.

Could be ick starting. My spotted puffer has the same thing and it has neither gotten worse nor better. I know puffers seem to be very susceptible to ick. I'd watch it closely and treat for ick if it seems to spread any. You might post your question on www.pufferlovers.com also. They have been very helpful to me in the past.
Logan J

Could be Lymphocyistis. It is a virus, no known cure. Was your puffer and your molly in the same tank, did you ever use the same net between the tanks, move something between tanks? I have a Thorichthys Aureus Blue ( S/A Cichlid ) that has it. I thought it was fungus and tried two different treatments for two weeks to no avail. Then I called the person I bought him from and he told me it was the virus. His advice was to net the fish and pull as much of the growth off as i could, wait one week and remove any remaining growth and keep this up until no more growth is present. I just removed the growth a second time and he looks good for now, I will keep him in the isolation tank untill I dont see any more growth for two weeks. I did a search on the net and there is a lot of info, including pictures. Take a look and see if that is what it is. Good luck Keith

Back
Top Bottom