One of my cichlids attacked another fish. What should I do with the hurt one.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my fish attacked the other and his tail fin is almost completely gone. Will it grow back? I have it in the same tank but in a small submerged qt tank. What do you guys think?
wxRWCJZ.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if it will survive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should survive as long as there is no severe damage. Fins will also grow back unless they were torn off too low but it looks like it still has some fin left.

It looks like the spinal column may be exposed. I don't know if that tail will ever grow back. Keep the water pristine and he should atleast heal around the open wound.

Wow, that's a huge chunk bitten off.
Which fish did that to it?

I would move into a quarantine tank if possible, and use medications for sure. Otherwise there will be a high chance of infection.

And possibly use strong medications. Antibiotics etc etc

Hope that helps, wish your poor fish all the best. Hope it gets better.

:( I just looked at the pic on my computer. It looks too badly torn up to be able to grow back. I agree with the others and place the fish in a hospital tank and start medication to help avoid infection.

OMG. What type of fish is the one with all the damage and what type of cichlid did it. Just getting back into the hobby and curious. I am sorry u had to come home to that. I recently started an African Cichlid tank. I would like to stay away from that type of fish. So sorry once again and I wish that little dude well.

Back
Top Bottom