One Sick Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemurLad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey folks,
One of my zebra danios in my 10G hasn't been eating and is acting awfully lethargic lately. He stays in the corner by the heater, just a few inches below the surface. During feeding time, he doesn't make any effort to get food, mainly nips at what floats by him.
The rest of the danios look fine, have been eating and swimming about, and bugging my tetras as usual. :rolleyes:

So, should I flush the poor fish (being that they're pretty inexpensive) or try some medicine?

Thanks!
~LL

So, should I flush the poor fish (being that they're pretty inexpensive) or try some medicine?

No, please dont! That is one of the most irresponsible things an aquarist can do. If need be, use a humane method to kill it. What are your water parameters? Just because all the other fish are healthy looking doesnt mean everything is good in the tank, it could just be a weaker fish showing signs first

Give it some time... danios which do that aren't necessarily sick. They're just quirky fish. I have older ones (which are probably about 2 years old) which do that and then it's time to start thinking about what to do when they're 'done'. But if your fish is new, I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly what mine did as it turns out! :D I turned up the heat a lil bit, though. Rearranged my 10Gal too to give the danios and tetras a bit more wiggle room. And my gourami has a nice place to hide out.

Back
Top Bottom