Open sore by the mouth of my Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wound by my Dwarf Gourami's mouth

Have a few Dwarf Gouramies (3 females and 2 males) and yesterday I realized that the Flame Red one has on open wound, like a sore next to his mouth on the right side. Not sure what it is, also saw him darting against the glass a few times. His behavior so far is normal, he is eating and doesn't show any sign of unusual habits. Don't really wanna medicate my whole 55 gal tank because I have some scaleless fish as well (Kuhlies and Cories) plus two Rams, a sword tail and a Peacock Gudgeon. I have a QT but is currently holding 3 Kuhlies, one female Dwarf Gourami and 2 Peacock Gudgeons. Was thinking to try a bit of salt and lots of water changes to see if it helps, I know my Peacock G would love it :)
Can I get any other suggestions please and / or better plan maybe?
Thanks a lot.

With wounds, clean water usually does worlds of good. If it is from a wound, I suggest you just keep the water really nice and see what happens. If you want to do salt, go with half strength.
Can you get a picture of it?

absolutangel04 said:
With wounds, clean water usually does worlds of good. If it is from a wound, I suggest you just keep the water really nice and see what happens. If you want to do salt, go with half strength.

Thanks for your prompt input.
I will take a pic tomorrow during daytime, it's night here now :)

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• wound 3 small.jpg
    wound 3 small.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • wound 3 zoom.jpg
    wound 3 zoom.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 153
  • wound 2-sm.jpg
    wound 2-sm.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 181
  • wound 2 zoom.jpg
    wound 2 zoom.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 143
It doesn't look like there is any fungus or infection or anything, so that is a good sign. My vote is still that it is a wound. Just keep the water super clean and watch for any changes. Let us know how it goes, and definitely let us know if anything changes or if it gets worse.

absolutangel04 said:
It doesn't look like there is any fungus or infection or anything, so that is a good sign. My vote is still that it is a wound. Just keep the water super clean and watch for any changes. Let us know how it goes, and definitely let us know if anything changes or if it gets worse.

Thanks a lot.
Any suggestions for my other post with high Nitrites :)

Back
Top Bottom