Opinions on Quick Cure ick medicine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileyface9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please tell me if you've used quick cure and if it has worked. My fish don't have ick, i'm just wondering for future reference so i can be prepared if they do catch it.

many people just use the heat and salt method which is slower but IMO seems to be better for the fish in the long run. i myself have never used medications but they scare me for some reason!

if you searched the unhealthy fish section you could probably find different ways t deal with it

Please tell me if you've used quick cure and if it has worked. My fish don't have ick, i'm just wondering for future reference so i can be prepared if they do catch it.

I have used it when i had an ick outbreak and it worked well, but IMO it is better to use salt/heat, but the meds get it gone faster IME.

I used quick cure for one of my tanks and for me it worked in 4 days an the Ick didn't come back. I wouldn't use quick cure or most/any medications if you have any scaleless fish like puffers or Ghostknifes. I have a Ghostknife with Ick an the poor guy is having a hard time. He has to go through the long 2 week high temp process. Its for the best though. Oh an if you have tetras you have to use a lower dosage of quick cure not the regular amount on the bottle, you should only use about half of what the bottle says for those guys.

snajera7 said:
I used quick cure for one of my tanks and for me it worked in 4 days an the Ick didn't come back. I wouldn't use quick cure or most/any medications if you have any scaleless fish like puffers or Ghostknifes. I have a Ghostknife with Ick an the poor guy is having a hard time. He has to go through the long 2 week high temp process. Its for the best though. Oh an if you have tetras you have to use a lower dosage of quick cure not the regular amount on the bottle, you should only use about half of what the bottle says for those guys.

Thanks everybody :)

Back
Top Bottom