Oranda So Sick Now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy_Fishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/photo04/06/59/6f4f6dbe2a4b.jpg?_rh=ah3fy8t467rg6povmakxvnnvm

HELP plz? It's still breathing but restless under water.

3 days ago it was almost sick>>>cloudy body n floating. After changing water, its body wasn't cloudy but its fins were reddish n rotten...

This morning it poop but had a hard time pooping. For hours now there was still around 1 inch long poop hanging on its body...

I changed water partially everyday n added Aq. salt.

Any idea what I should do? (gonna buy Tetracycline today)[/url][/list]

Try feeding a frozen pea to assist in possible constipation. What are your water parameters? I know you are doing water changes but it is still helpful to know the parameters. Is the fish still floating?

I'm SORRY~~~ I don't have the test kit... Going to buy SOON.

The fish isn't floating since yesterday. Lay on the bottom, breathing n energyless...

I don't think it'll eat... Where can I buy the frozen pea?

Any grocery store will sell frozen peas, you microwave them a bit, skin them and then break it up into the tank. How big is the goldfish. What temp is your tank at? You might lower the water temp a bit to allow more surface aeration and oxygen into the tank. I would keep doing water changes as you have no test kit to measure your parameters. Only add as much salt as needed for the water you remove. Are the fins still red and rotting?

Still the same as the picture...

The temp is at 68... (no heater)

Probably 4 inch (head to tail)

I would try adding the aeration by lowering the water and keep doing the water changes and keep an eye on him. You might want to add some melafix and pimafix if you have it for the fins.

I did lower the water to half n the filter.

Wonder why that everytime I changed the water, there were more tiny white hair-size worms... was it becoz of the high ammo or high nitri?

Worms are another issue entirely. I am not terribly familiar with them but can do some research. Are they swimming in the tank freely?

Back
Top Bottom