Oranda tank went to heck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Whelp! One of my biggest fears with Orandas has finally happened..Dropsey :oops: Well what do I do now? I just started a new job so I slacked off and the level in which it has gotten is bad..What I need to know is..My Blue Spot Pleco....Is the only one who seems to be doing fine....Is he capable of getting it? I know plecos are pretty resiliant to things...But I don't wish to lose him..Any suggestions as to what to do with him? This is very disturbing since I can honestly say I've never had any major losses such as I know I will here...Any suggestions will be deeply appreciative.. :cry: ...TIA

For golds;

raise the temperature of your tank....if as severe as you hint at...I'd go all the way up to 86 degrees. Keep the tanl light off and make it ambient light when needed

Feeding peas is good.
Some Marycyn 2 would help as well. I would use some anti-biotic food if possible. Antibiotic food works so much better.
If you don't have any medi-gold or metro-gold or similar. It should be found at some pet supply, or online at like goldfish .come/.net or dr foster's& smith

Also about 1 tablespoon/5 gallons of EPSOM SALT. To relieve the worse symptoms....

and as soon as the symptoms abate....keep treatin but see if it will eat better...possibly give it a high caloric like nutrical if it seems t lose too much weight during the ordeal. if the scales are not straight out yet the chance of recovery are not bad....

Back
Top Bottom