Orandas sitting at the bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bri.chester

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Lionhead Oranda and a blue oranda. They have been sitting at the bottom of the tank. I had my levels checked and the associate said that the levels couldn’t get any better. They pop up when it’s time to eat and after swimming around a bit eventually go back to the bottom. Is this a normal thing for them to do? Should I be concerned?

ETA-I noticed all the tiny white dots in the tank when I took the picture. My bubbler was all the way up, and once I turned it down the micro bubbles disappeared. Maybe the bubbles are the reason they were in the bottom?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 25
I have a Lionhead Oranda and a blue oranda. They have been sitting at the bottom of the tank. I had my levels checked and the associate said that the levels couldn’t get any better. They pop up when it’s time to eat and after swimming around a bit eventually go back to the bottom. Is this a normal thing for them to do? Should I be concerned?

ETA-I noticed all the tiny white dots in the tank when I took the picture. My bubbler was all the way up, and once I turned it down the micro bubbles disappeared. Maybe the bubbles are the reason they were in the bottom?

Water quality and parasites are two major contributors to bottom sitting from goldfish. Check out this link: https://puregoldfish.com/bottom-sitting/ it has a ton of info (saves me having to write it all :lol:). I would try and do a few water changes and maybe treat with some prazi pro since fancies can be prone to internal parasites if they don't start perking up. How big is their tank by the way? Gold fish produce huge bioloads and 20 gallons or more per fancy goldfish is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom