oscar fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soladean21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have to young Oscars I love them they remind me of pitbulls in water, I notice some white dots today. They are eating good and have no symptoms of stress my tank is clean no ammonia 0 and no nitrite 0 and nitrates is between 0ppm and 5ppm I do 25% water changes every week and my water is crystal clear. Can some one help on this, my tank size is 72 gallon bow front but was keeping them in there until I setup my 150 gallon for them for I know thats the room they need.

Somewhat, but im not taking no chance I raised my temperature and added aquarium salt to my tank and time will tell if it is ick!! Ill keep you posted.

Somewhat, but im not taking no chance I raised my temperature and added aquarium salt to my tank and time will tell if it is ick!! Ill keep you posted.

Good move! That's the good thing about the salt and heat method, it won't do any damage to most fish so even if you are wrong you can start treatment without worrying about the effects medications might have on your tank. Any way you could post a picture of the spots?

Good luck! Oscars are awesome fish.

Ill try the spots are hard to see not all over and the oscars are black so ill try.

Back
Top Bottom