Panda cory dead, red vessels on belly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derekkaine

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alive this morning i saw red vessel looking lines on its belly and body. Im assuming its what killed him. I do 30-40% water changes to the tank weekly, i use cycle in the tank once a week with the water change. I have a fluval u2 and i do regular cleaning / replace pads as it requests for. There is 1 julii cory and 1 Chinese algae eater. 10gallon tank

image-2777691291.jpg

image-1347514353.jpg

Is the tank still cycling? Do you test for ammonia and nitrite? That could be an ammonia burn but I've never seen it in person but that would be my guess. There's a link in my signature called: new tank with fish. It has good info for cycling a tank with fish (basically daily water testing and water changes). Also you should almost never replace filter media (pads, etc) unless they are literally falling apart, regardless of what the manufacturer says. Good luck. Sorry about your fish. :(

The other 2 fish were fine. CAE and 1 julii cory. The panda cory had what looked like red blood vessel's all over its belly about 1/16th of an inch wide.

Back
Top Bottom