Panda Cory Got Bug Eyes 8| Please Help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fhqwhgads

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My panda cory has got something funky going on with his eyes. This is the first time I've ever seen this happen. Today I came home to feed my fish as I normally do during the evening and was shocked (not to mention a little spooked) because my panda cory's eyes (not one, but two) look like they're swollen...well bulging out of his head. Looks like someone knocked em in both of em. Both eyes are far from normal, looking grey and enlarged portruding from his head. I don't know what might be causing it, let alone how to cure it. All the other corys and fish are doing well. Does anyone have the slightest clue on what might be going on? Please help. :(

First thing to check is your water parameters. Poor water parameters can be a major contributor to problems. Get us the test results and we can go from there.

Are your fishes eyes popping??

:roll: Your fish may have a disease called pop-eye. you can buy medicine for it at anyfish store ( or should be able to) or at Wal-Mart.
I hope this helps good luck.

Alright, just a little update...I've done some research about pop eye...and read over the sites that were provided. Thank you, I've found them really informative. As for my little panda cory, sadly his time came...and I've lost another cory (also a panda...darn those were my favorite). I've decided to take every precaution possible. Doing more frequent water changes, relocating some of my cory kitties to another tank (might help with stress if that is the problem), and added some meds to the tank. As for the water parameters...I've concluded that they aren't the best as of right now, I haven't been able to test the conditions for a while and I know that even with frequent water changes that there could be problems. (I need to purchase another test kit asap.) :(

Back
Top Bottom