paralized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
i tossed a betta into my electric catfish tank and the e-cat wasnt interested in eating at the moment, then the betta got some guts and was flaring its gills at the e-cat and got closer and closer then the e-cat arched its back and ZAP the betta was twitched the lied motionless on the bottom of the tank only moving its gills, soon too be sucked in with one gulp :twisted:

Why would you feed a betta to another fish? Yeah I think I'll go out and get some angle fish for my cat to eat, oh and sprinkle it with neon tetras.

Yes, I know that some fish eat other fish. But I'm a little stunned as to why you'd do this to a betta. You surely had to know what would happen...

hey that's cool!

I have to admit, a betta is a bit expensive as a 'feeder', well, unless you're breeding the betta and have an excess of males ;)

fish eat fish, it's nothing to be shocked or disgusted by.

I plan of getting a small school of angelfish eventually, and feeding them a good diet of livebearers (mollies and platies), which I'll grow in another tank.

SoCal said:
Why would you feed a betta to another fish? Yeah I think I'll go out and get some angle fish for my cat to eat, oh and sprinkle it with neon tetras.
why wouldnt i feed a betta too another fish? it doesnt bother me if you what you feed your cat, mabey you should asdd a pleco too add some calcium too your cats diet with all there armor :roll:

An t-iasg said:
Yes, I know that some fish eat other fish. But I'm a little stunned as to why you'd do this to a betta. You surely had to know what would happen...
of corse i knew what would happen, this betta was just one of the meny fish that have met there fate with this catfish, the only reason i used a betta though was because a friend didnt want it any more and i wasnt passing up free food.

justDIY said:
hey that's cool!

I have to admit, a betta is a bit expensive as a 'feeder', well, unless you're breeding the betta and have an excess of males ;)

fish eat fish, it's nothing to be shocked or disgusted by.

I plan of getting a small school of angelfish eventually, and feeding them a good diet of livebearers (mollies and platies), which I'll grow in another tank.
sounds like your angles will have a better diet then most people give them.

Back
Top Bottom