Paranoid or doomed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am really sorry about the fish! Poor girl. The male should be ok spawning with a new female. He may need a bit of time to realize the old female is gone though. But, he should be ok to get with a new mate.

That's good to hear. I love my male, I think he is pretty big compared to some I have seen. I want to get a good photo now that he's all red in his belly:). I put the new female in last night two hours before my light turned off. She was pretty nervous at first, until she saw the male. Then bam! They colored right up. Started shaking for each other. And holy he was happy. Looked so nice to. When they were near the flower pot. He was shaking like crazy for her. It was awesome. I haven't seen him that excited in for ever

Try to leave any new krib fry you may get in the main tank, instead of a hatchery. Yours may have withered away from the stress of being isolated. They depend on mom and dad for a while to lead them to food and protect them. They also need good hiding places like java moss and other plants. There's no reason, with the other fish you have, that you wouldn't be able to grow out krib fry in that tank.

Oh I agree 100% the fry were from the 110 which has angels and some tetras in it. One was from last batch and the two little ones got sucked up into the filter and survived... All the fry are now in a 10gallon getting feed freshly hatched brine shrimp twice a day. I will take pictures tomorrow morning with the camera and tripod. Way better then the phone.

Attachments

• image-262736871.jpg
    image-262736871.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom