parasite in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jollyone11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
8O I got a parasite in my new55 gal. tank and put in Aqua-sol( copper sulfate active additive in what i used)this product just gave adding directions nothing else! Along with that I added salt 5 tlbs per 5 gal salitly 1.01.
I have not increased temp yet 76*F ! Two of the fish look good .not flashing as much realing doing alot better ,but firemouth not doing well,Still flashes, I think it stressed still.Due to it poor coloring and lack of eating. The jack and green terror doing very well . NO2 still high 5 pp/l , but ammonia is 0. The PH hold perfect at 7.4 .I was wondering if there is anything I can do for him,
or if it is a wait and see game now :cry:

I think the steps you have taken so far sound good. However you never said what the parasite is, so it makes it difficult to give advice. I am a firm believer (old timer) in turning up the heat on any disease/parasite. I'd crank it up to 85 or so over the course of a few days, leave it there for at least a week, a jack and a terror can take that temp easy, if they arent too weak. I have found over the years that a heck of a lot of diseases and parasites can be killed just using salt and heat. It's by no means foolproof (as this fool can attest) :lol: , it works more often than not. Also beats the heck out of spending $10-$20 to save a $2 fish. :roll:

can't see it .Nothing growing off of the fish . what is dipping the fish ?
can't someone give me info . I found the methhod in my saltwater for dumdies.
not sure how it works on FW or how to do it.Yes the heat is on goinhg up to 80.See
how the parasite like that . I seen last night to vac every other day . thinking of doing that as well. thanks for the help. if anyone else has something I can use I'd be thankful :mrgreen: dshjj

Back
Top Bottom