Parasites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
When doing a pwc tonight I noticed much to my horror that there are little bugs in the water. They were crawing on the glass.They aren't worms they have flat bodies with little legs. Hard to describe. Anyone have any ideas? The fish poop is normal, no whitish poop. They are eating, not flashing. They were at the top of the tank for a while today but did a pwc. Ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrates 30ppm. This was before the water change. They keep going to the top of the tank as if the parameters are out of whack but I know they aren't.

I wouldn't expect it to be insect larvae at this time of year, although there has been a large incidence of fruit flies as the weather has been warmer than usual. I am more than a bit worried. I keep thinking it must be some horrible parasite.

Husband pulled one out of the tank off the glass and says they are green with 6 legs. We're not sure if they are in the water or only on the glass. It might be a fruit fly or an aphid?

Oh I am sure they will, hey maybe that is what the fish were hanging out at the top of the tank for, waiting for the bugs! Duh man that is so simple an explanation it is almost stupid. And me panicking and doing a water change even though the parameters were good. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom