patches on fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 45 gallon tank filtered with a Marineland 350. Its been set up for 3 months. Current water parameters are Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrites 0ppm, Nitrates <20ppm, PH 8.2 and Temp 79F (+/- 1F).

The reason for my posting is that one of my Serpae Tetras has developed.. Im not sure how to describe it... a discoloration of sorts. Its like a stripping or patches of faded areas on its body. I first noticed it a little less than a week ago and it doesnt appear be getting worse (or better). Sometimes it does hang out by itself for a while, but other than that its behavior doesnt seem to be affected. It swims normally, eats normally and as far as I can tell its breathing normally.

I dont THINK its fungus... at least it doesnt look like any of the photos of it that Ive seen.
I'd put him in the QT, but thats currently housing some new arrivals.
Ive included some photos, hoping that will help.
Its worth noting that I did have an Ich outbreak about a month ago. It doesnt look like the same thing, but I may have missed early warning signs back then.
Any ideas?

Sick2.jpg

Sick.jpg

Back
Top Bottom