pearl gourami died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

finny al

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a pair of pearls for about 2.5 years. They've always been very healthy, no problems whatsoever. They are housed in a 37 gal. tank with a pair of albino cories, a female betta and two ADFs. I have sand as the substrate. On Saturday night all my fish were fine, but when I woke up Sunday morning, my male pearl was dead. It looked almost like he'd ruptured something inside. His ribs were practically popping out on one side of his body. I checked all the water params and they are fine. All the other fish are fine as well. He was eating and acting normally until his untimely demise. Any ideas on what could have happened? My poor female is looking very lonely without him....

That's very strange... I'm sorry you lost your fishie :(
When you say his ribs were popping out of his side, do you mean that he was super bloated? Was there a visible wound? I'm having trouble picturing it...

no, not bloated, becuase it was only on the one side. It did look kind of open and bloodied, but I figured that maybe some of the others had picked at it after he died. Then again, that side was sticking out of the water so I really don't know....

Back
Top Bottom