Hi there I recently purchased a pearl gourami and a golden gourami and already had an opaline gourami in my aquarium, I noticed that the opaline was attacking both of the gouramis + had found the pearl out of the water hooked on an ornamental light above the water level.
I noticed this the night i bought it and I thought that the pearl was dead and while attempting to remove it I realised that it had fallen back and was swimming again. (I was really happy)
I have given the aggresive opaline gourami to the lfs
and there apears to be no aggresion, but the problem is noe the pearl is not eating and hasn't done for a while, it appears to be loosing colour and has a grey like appearance from the head back, please help
I have read that they wont eat if attacked or if the cant establish their own terrotory and have tried rearanging my tank, I also feed flakes + frozen bloodworms + have tried lettuce and cucumber (read from a few books) but it doesnt eat at all.
1. it has no other unusual behaviour apart from not eating + discolour
2. I think its a male
3. ammonia 0, nitrites 0 + regular water changes + declorinator. (guppy fry surviving in this water) temp 25-26 celcius
4. external filter fluval 205
5. other fish are fine (guppies + platies + swordtail + gourami + rt shark ) tank is not overstocked + it is well oxygenated and planted.
6. tank size 46g
7. it is not attacked by any other fish