Pearl gourami tb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bichir Bro

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, my male pearl gourami has very recently developed a small bump right above his eye. I could not think of any diagnosis but TB however he has not had any other symptoms (yet) of it so I am stumped. Anyone have a clue what it could be? Pics will follow soon

I cannot get a picture because the bump is too small to make out with my crappy canera

Nope, nothin, he's acting fine eating fine and still amazingly colored. I have been doing aggressive water changes do to a recent ick outbreak along with some aquarium salt routine and the ick went away in a week. I don't know what it is, it's just this tiny little bump a few centimeters above his eye

None of my well anyone is showing signs of well anything. If its tb its supposed to spread ungodly fast so I don't see how no one else has shown any small bumps

Just as this happens my tiger barbs begin to display breeding behaviors and re pairing off.
My luck. :/

does it look cloudy at all? do a quick search of columnaris and let me know if thats what it looks like. if it is tb, i would be extremely careful doing maintenance/putting your hands in the water. it can be transferred to humans

No it's not cloudy, I've had columiaris before and know its symptoms and it ain't it. And I did a water change today with my hands all in the water and everything. Well crap.

I looked up other symptoms and nothing but the bump matches. He ain't loosing any fins, no curved spine, no lose of color or scales

He isn't loosing fins at all, his color continues to get better and he's also growing back some fins he lost do to columiaris

Ok he has no curved spine or anything just that tiny little bump. He's not lost any color whatsoever and like I said some of his fins are healing and growing back. And what do you mean by lethargic

If you mean sick, no. He's happy as can be. He's eating like a pig along side my paradise and tiger barbs. He's friendly, always swims up to me, doesn't bother anyone and he usually sticks with my paradise gourami.

I'll just sit here...alone...with my thread...someone anyone please respond. <---halo lol

There's no need to post multiple times. People will see your thread and come to it if they think they can help. No need to bump until at least 24 hours has gone by with no help. (y)
Is it popeye? Or is it directly above the eye?

Back
Top Bottom