Peppered Cory acting dead!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Hewitt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A couple of times now I've come home to find one of my peppered corydoras either wedged against ornaments or just lying on the bottom at a funny angle looking quite dead. Only the slight movement of his gills suggesting he's still alive.

Moved the ornament he was resting on and he just fell over, again like he's dead. But 10 minutes later he's swimming around hunting for food as normal.

Any idea what could be going on? I've got two other catfish and they are acting normally.

Water paramaters are ok, 0/0/5

My peppered cories do the same thing. They're funny little guys, aren't they? I think this is just in their nature. I've had the same original fish for 4 years and they still do that. But they also breed too so they're doing okay.

I agree. They just do that. I've prodded many a "dead" cory back to life. lol

My Juliis do that and a cool superman/dare devil dart to the top.... Sadly though i had a Pepper cory about 10months ago and he would just float to the top and sides one morning i woke up and he didnt move i threw him out in the garbage can in my bathroom which is lets say 8-9 inches high 30 mins later i found him on my floor but it was too late idk scary little guysss

He's spending all his time lying on his side at the bottom of the tank now. If I prod him he'll swim an inch or so then go back to looking dead.

Back
Top Bottom