perfect till now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

archer77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i slowly have been putting this tank together for about four months now and it has been great untill now. a few days ago my gf bought two fish from the local pet store they didnt look healthy at all they one died within an hour and the other died the next day. we went to they pet store to see what was up we seen the other fish in the batch he died to while we were there. my water was perfect and so we got a refund on the fish not sure even what they were. but today my mudskipper which i loved died today so now im not happy at all so i found this website for some help to see what is wrong. all my fish are small babies two inches or less i have a pair of everything besides the pleco dragon and dojo there all small to. its a 55 gal banded archers angels cat sharks crabs. please help i dont want my fish to die all of them look healthy but why would the mud skipper die? i dont know if it wasnt enough land i dont know h ewas great i fed him blood worms frozen once a day he always sat on the liley pads or the turtle pad i woke up he was at the bottom of the tank not moving i picked him up and he was pretty life less so i took him to the bathroom and as i flushed him he seemed to be alive i felt so bad that i think he was sleeping or something and i killed him. the archer did shoot at him here and there but never attacked him. please let me know how to keep one thanks.

My two archers are turning black to white please please help I don't want my fish to die my water is perfect what could be wrong. I'm new to the fish world

Its a brackish tank I do have my own test kit and go to the local pet store to have it tested sometimes to. The poor mud skipper died right after the two from the pet store died they told me they lost the hole batch and refunded me my money. My archers are now acting weird when they were perfect before this. I love these fish and drove over 2 hours to get them I made the tank so they could naturaly eat crickets and flies I give them four babies a day then they shoot them down or two big crickets a day for them to share. When I first got them I picked the two darkest ones which pry wasn't the best idea now knowing it means they were stressed when I got them home with in an hour they were in love and lightened right up. I keep reading that when there stressed they turn black but there going back and fourth to were sometimes they have almost no strips. I seen that the temp was a little low around 76 I got it up to about 82 right now and fed them very little shrimp just to see what was up and there back to acting normal but theyve done this all.

Back
Top Bottom