PH problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuartb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need help with low ph as molly fish is lost colour and now flipping out. PH has been low for over a year now and I am at my wits end trying to sort it!

It started of shortly after tank remodel ... well this is when I notice as was wanting to make sure that things were going ok.

Change was making it more natural. Soil, two slate rocks, a log (Not sure type of wood) loads of plants.

Tank information

Size = 200l

Fish = ×2 leopard danio ×4 Molly ×5 neon tetra ×4 penguin tetra ×6 black widow ×3 Harlequin ×2 pleco ×2 sword tail

Water change = 30% every week and sucking poop

Filter clean = monthly

Filter = fluval 207

--------------- Aquarium water -- tap water
Gh mg/l ................... 25 - 70
Chlorine mg/l ............ 0 - 1
Nitrate mg/l ............... 10 - 0
Nitrite mg/l .................. 0 - 0
Total Alkalinity mg/l .......0 - 80
Carbonate Kh mg/l ......... 0 - 80
PH .................................... 6.0 - 7.2

Done so far.

Went thought 2 bottles of ph up

Then realised after research KH is directly linked to ph so got crush coral put it in the filter and larger chunks in the tank. At the same time I used a KH/ PH up.

Recently been told to put this large white rock with holes in the. Can't remember the name of the rock sorry.

Please help before the dent in the wall becomes a hole or I get brain damage hahaha.

Attachments

• 20210509_213014.jpg
    20210509_213014.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 19
Have I posted this in the correct area? Can anyone see my post? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom