Phantom the betta has as growth...I think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaChi

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I will attach some photos and a video as best as I can.

But my betta fish "Phantom" has been lethargic (which I read isn't exactly uncommon for older adult bettas) and I noticed a little white protrusion or bump on the side of his head behind his eye.
At first I just thought it was whiter scales (as his head is white there) but it looks like it is a bump now and I am not sure it is normal. He is eating normally but seems to be less active.
:confused:

I have that blue dye "Betta Revive" product, and some "Mela-Fix". I also have Aquarium salt which I believe everyone refers too as "Epsom salt" here in the forum. (photos attached)

What do you think?

Is he sick?

Should I put some in a small bowl with these medicines in it? (as I have done in the past).

That means I would continue to remove him from the tank and dose him for a few hours every day.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

:fish1:

Attachments

• bettarevive.jpg
    bettarevive.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 59
  • melafix.jpg
    melafix.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 55
  • aquariumsalt.jpg
    aquariumsalt.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Sorry the video or photo isn't better...he doesn't pose very often. Are there any 'doctors' in the house? Shall I continue my 'isolate and dose' schedule with the attached medicines?

What is he in the tank with? Like will you hurt others if you use a fungus med? My betta got stuck in the hole in one of the pots in my tank and I had to help push him back out and he ended up with something that looked similar to that. I dropped some fungus guard tabs in and did a water change after three days and then more frequent water changes and he cleared right up. Best of luck to ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey there. Thanks for your thoughts. Phabton is in there with an oto cyc and some cherry shrimp (1ghost shrimp). I don't add the medicine to the tank water I take the betta out and dose him in a small cup for a day or so and then add him back to the tank.

:fish2:

Yeah shrimp prob wouldn't fair to well with the treatment:( I'm sorry about your guy:( I hope he gets better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom