Platy bitten or sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddodad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This morning I noticed one of the platys in my tank looks like something too a bite out of his head, that or something white and furry is on its head. I am trying to get a picture if the wound but the fish is not cooperating

It's tank mates are several other platys some ghost shrimp and 2 african dwarf frogs. I'll post a pic if I can get one.

Any advice

These are the best I can get

Attachments

• image-3577903758.jpg
    image-3577903758.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1826417273.jpg
    image-1826417273.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-544406999.jpg
    image-544406999.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 59
My gourami has something similar I was just about to post and ask... I got a few pics too... I rearranged my tank hoping its a territory thing and I isolated another fish who seems he might be a little aggressive... Interested to hear what this could be.

ForumRunner_20120818_074733.jpg

ForumRunner_20120818_074755.jpg

It looks really similar. The more I look the more I think someone else in the tank bit it. I am going to pass by the lfs to speak to them today but I'm sure they will just try and sell me some sort of. Expensive med that will do nothing. My plan is to do 50% pwc for a while to keep water as clean as possible (I don't have a quanta teen

I hate replying on my phone it always posts by accident.

I was saying I don't have a quarantine tank so it's the best I can do. I was also thinking since I don't have snails I should maybe add some aquarium salt

cant really answer your question, although i do remember a disease that looks like this. I would like to say though, be careful using salt with your frogs, dont think they like it :)

The platy died today, I was treating the tank with melafix I did 50% pwc today and I figure I should keep medicating the rest of the 7 days to try and avoid any other fish getting sick on me.

Back
Top Bottom