platy help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dogpython

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
been cycling my tank, and now one of my platy is just sorta lounging at the bottom of the tank in the corner and not moving much, he seems to still eat a little, but looks kinda sad; the other platy is still very active and doesnt seem to be very affected, been doing water changes for the past few days. any ideas on what the problem is? thanks for the help!

I take it the tank isn't cycled? He could be not taking the cycle well and dieing because of it.

no its not completed cycling, only think slightly high as of now is the ammonia, is there anything else i can do to help him? thanks for the help!

ammonia is spiking i think, around 1, been doing water changes for the past few days, around 30-40 percent. thanks for the help!! will amquel or something help? his gills are not as red as before, and there is sort of an irridescent color to them, is this a sign of something i can fix? also he keeps his dorsal fin against his body! any advice?

Try posting this in the unhealthy forum. Im not sure of any benefits of amquel since I've never used it before, but I believe it's a dechlorinator, right?

If you use a chemical to remove ammonia you will delay your cycle. I would change more water to try and get that ammonia level under .5.

Back
Top Bottom