Platy needs urgent help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
WHAT DO I DO!? Ok, my filter got knocked around by my brother yesterday. My mom reached her hand in and fixed it. My platy went nuts and hit gravel and everything and hid. He was scared all night. This morning, he was normal and happy, then I moved this noisy part of this filter (a part not even touching or in the tank) and he is acting scared today. Like, completely psychotic! How do I relieve his stress? Help!

Poor thing. You could use aquarium salt if you have not tried that already. That usually helps most freshwater fish. I reccomend you treat it quickly before it develops some sort of disease. You can always buy stess medication too.

I'll try aquarium salt tomorrow, and if don't work, medication.
Thank you so much! My first ACTUAL fish... the rest died within weeks, I've learned more, got better, and he's a little over a month... his name is gunther because my little brother's platy that mine murdered was nicknamed kick buttowski because he jump over the filter tube and did tricks. And Gunther is Kick Buttowski's sidekick on the show. But thanks bro, I hope it'll help. Getting a new tank soon though, so hopefully he lives on till I at least get more fish.

I woke up and all day he was fine! Never had to give him anything... thank god I didn't waste money for no reason!

Yeah well thanks for the advice! It might help me in the future when I get some big tanks... this one gallon has got to go...

Back
Top Bottom