Platy Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To answer the one question about new things in my tank the only things that have been added recently was plants. And two fish, which died before the whole ick thing became a problem. My tank is down with the ickness.

hmm. the stuff was added before ick became a problem in your tank? Might have been carried in on the new arrivals :(

if your other one doesnt make it, it would be wise to clean out the tank throroughly and set it back up again. I had something similar happen a few weeks ago, lost 13 fish in 24 hours. I took both affected tanks down, cleaned them with more vinegar than i care to ever smell again, and let them air dry in the warm summer sun for a day. After that, theyre set back up now, happy fish, no sign of disease (knocking on wood)

Like Esc said. It seemed to do the trick for me.... high temps for about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the advice.
I dunno if my female platy is doing better or not. Sometimes she swims around and looks pretty good. The next minute she's crashed on the bottom. At least she ate today. She is the only one in my tank that is sick. I don't have any other signs of disease. Although I am aware that little nasty creatures could be in there in the water. I noticed a couple days ago that her scales were kinda sticking out from her side, but now they seem to be looking better. I guess time will tell for sure.
However through the whole thing I only lost one male platy (who was never that healthy to begin with) and a few fry which I was pretty upset about at the time until I discovered that I had a new batch in there, and expecting another batch any day now ( I'm truly starting to understand what is meant by the term millions fish lol) But for how sick some of my fish were, and for how long I have been treating my tank I'd say things could have gone a lot worse

Back
Top Bottom