Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Exclamation Platy with exposed wounds

Hi everyone,

My female platy is really unwell - she started having open wounds on her sides, one looks really horrifying.
I have a 65 liter freshwater fish tank, ph 7.6, nitrates/nitrites 0, low ammonia.
I have 4 harlequin rasboras, 1 guppy, 1 Betta, and 3 platys (one male and two female), they are all thriving and seems very happy eating and swimming around constantly.

The male has been harassing her for while and seems to bite her and chases her often but Iím not sure if he is the one causing this... it was just him and her to begin with but after I noticed him harassing her I then decided to introduce a new female platy in the aquarium hoping he would calm down and chase the other one too but rarely does he is always following the same one...

Today I bought an aquarium divider and isolated her for now. She is eating fine, although she seems very stressed and swims really fast if she gets startled. Also it may be important to mention that she was pregnant a week ago but somehow now she doesnít have a belly no more.
I regularly change 15-20% water every week and syphon the gravel, after which I add a bit of salt for stress levels, we also add prime and aqua safe.

I researched so much about diseases but this doesnít look like anything.
Anybody has any ideas please? This fishie is my favourite..any chance of curing her or will it be better to euthanize?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97349907-3251-47FB-AA58-AF05B4275016.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	319180  

Tags
platy, wound

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com