Please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fit101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tiger barb is so bloated and pine coning. He is the second to do so the first one died. :-( I k ow the poor little guy has to be suffering. What can I do? Pics attached. Both barbs I have had over a year. :-(

Attachments

• image-38288642.jpg
    image-38288642.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1868071046.jpg
    image-1868071046.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 79
I am very sorry about your fish. Unfortunately, once a fish has progressed to the stage your fish is, the prognosis is very poor. Your fish is displaying dropsy which is not a disease itself but a symptom of disease. Dropsy is accumulation of fluids in the body due to organ failure (most often the kidneys). The possible causes vary- an internal infection, parasites, virus or water quality issues are all known vectors. I would honestly consider euthanasia at this point but this is ultimately your decision. :(

jlk said:
I am very sorry about your fish. Unfortunately, once a fish has progressed to the stage your fish is, the prognosis is very poor. Your fish is displaying dropsy which is not a disease itself but a symptom of disease. Dropsy is accumulation of fluids in the body due to organ failure (most often the kidneys). The possible causes vary- an internal infection, parasites, virus or water quality issues are all known vectors. I would honestly consider euthanasia at this point but this is ultimately your decision. :(

Agreed.

My tiger barb is swimming all over the place and he's eating this morning, he is less bloated and scales are laying flatter. I was for sure he was a gonner. AMAZING!

fit101 said:
My tiger barb is swimming all over the place and he's eating this morning, he is less bloated and scales are laying flatter. I was for sure he was a gonner. AMAZING!

Wow I am amazed as well. Might have been a serious case of constipation.

Back
Top Bottom