Please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok we'll I had a molly give birth 4 days ago I've put her back in the main tank and within 5 minuets she is laying on the bottom of the tank breathing very heavily. Can anyone tell me what this is. Let me know if you need pictures.

She was already in the tank just in my breeder net type thing.

Check your water parameters, or do a 30-50% water change with water conditioner. Maybe she has been ill but you didn't notice since the net thing is kinda confined. Also she may be weak from not swimming around.

Ok sense I am not able to test my water I will do the water change.

If she seems to perk up after the water change, I would do another one tomorrow morning and see if you can get a test kit. And or get the lfs to do a test, and write down what all the things are.

Ammonia
NitrIte
NitrAte

pH
any thing else they check.

Get Prime water conditioner if at all possible.

What size tank is this
temp
inhabitants?
When was the last water change? before this one?
Do you do gravel vac?

Do you have a filter, what kind/size?

Have you changed the filter pads recently?
Cleaned them.....how?

Also if you are feeding flakes, consider Hikari First Bites if the fry are still very small, or Micro Bites and smash them yourself with the back of a spoon in a dish. Feed sparingly, .....for fry though a couple to several times a day, still just small amounts.

I am guessing possible combination of things.

The tank is a 25 gallon the temp. Is usually from 75-77 right now it's at 76. My stock Is two mollies. Five zebra danios and five Cory's. and 3 ghost shrimp. My filter is a aqua clear 300 which is rated dibble my tank size and has a ghp of 300 gallons a hour. My last water change before this one was Saturday. I usually do a 10-15% water change every Saturday or Sunday.

And the last time I washed the sponge in the filter was two weeks ago in a bucket of warm treated water and simply scrubbed it with a paper towel and them rinsed it off.

Back
Top Bottom