Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
I try to help my sister tank care of her tank (different house) on top of my 5 I have here. I went to check on her tank and it was horrible. It was filthy.. I changed the water, 50% it was that dirty. I checked the water after I changed it, the ammonia was a little high, everything was a little high but not too bad. However the fish look horrible. They are very light jacks, not the dark ones. The slime coat is off some of them, and they look dark. Please help what should we do? They fish are acting fine but they look bad.

Add some additives that have the slime or stress coat plus or something like that and I would water change it 100%, since it seems like there hasn't been any siphoning lately. These are just some things that I have done with the past in my case and make sure that you aerate the tank since they appear to be stressed. Changing the filter cartridge might help you, it helped me when I had sludge covering my tank since I rarely siphoned it:ROFLMAO:, but It cleaned it out with the first two cartridges and I siphoned the rest. Hope this helped(y)

I want to do 100% but i dont want to get rid of all the bacteria. I rinsed the filters for the same reason. Maybe another 50% change? I will look for the slime/stress coat stuff.

Back
Top Bottom