Please Help!! Bad Bamboo Shrimp Molt, tank parameters, or vendor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought a bamboo shrimp online. About a week later and this is him in the photo. There are many factors that I think could have led to this and would like some help pinpointing the issue. Firstly, when he was shipped, the flight was delayed, causing him to be 7 hours late on a 85 degree summer day. He was also missing 2 legs, which grew back in a molt he had on the second day I had him, which leads me to my next theory. After molting, that cut bellow his abdomen and that growth on his head appeared (the growth started from a tear in his new shell that happened during the molt. My last idea would be my own fault. Im not the most experienced fishkeeper but all my parameters matched what I could find on these guys. Ph 7.3/7.4, GH & KH 6, temp 77. The problem with that is I previously had him in a 10 gallon because I bought him impulsively (a sin I know). I also had him with 3 guppies and 9 dwarf shrimp so the ammonia got pretty high at one point and I had to do about 3 water changes. I moved him and his whole community into a 20 gallon tank which housed my axolotl, but I got him a 30 gallon so I can get two when he's bigger. Which one do you guys think it is? By the way he is currently still alive and if anyone knows anything I can do to help him please let me know!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5382.jpg
    IMG_5382.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom