Please Help -Black Phantom Tetra - Clear & tail wound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cficarella12421

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Apologies, I am new to this and am searching for help. Not sure how to create my own post yet. I am needing help please because I do not know what is happening to my Black Phantom Tetra.

One of my Black Phantom Tetras has lost its black color on its tail fin and has what appears to be a build up or growth of some sort just before its tail fin at the base of the spine. It also seems like it is having trouble swimming with its tail and kind of just bobs it up and down as if the tail is heavy and not side to side.

I'm worried and do not know what is happening. I need help and do have a picture for reference. I have been searching everywhere but am having no luck. Please someone help me!

Attachments

• 20210124_195920.jpg
    20210124_195920.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 29
How long has the tank been running,

and how long has this fish (group of Black Phantom) been in the tank?

Did you get any new fish lately,

Any fish harassing this one?

Do you have more females than males?

Do you know the water parameters?

Ammonia
NitrIte
NitrAte

pH

GH/KH

I have to get the items to test all my water levels. When I bought them they said I got 2 females and 1 male so they would coexist kindly. It doesn't seem like the other 2 are harassing it, however, they do seem to stay away for the most part. I don't know if it is a parasite or something. I wish I could search what I'm noticing and find something similar on another fish but I'm having no luck.

Last edited:
Body fungus / fungal infection

Columnaris

These things are usually caused by stress and/ or poor water quality.

Do water changes if you do not have the ability to test it.

Do water temperature matched, 25% pwc - 2 one after another, then after a few hours do another one.

The link in my signature discusses newer and new fish keepers helpful information for good tank keeping! Check it out.

Also an additional option you may want to consider:
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/using-epsom-salt-in-fish-therapy-374191.html

Back
Top Bottom