Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Please help me and my Butterfly Koi

So i have a white butterfly koi in a 30 gallon tank with one of those log things for a hiding place. My koi got stuck in there last night. I'm talking about stuck stuck. He needed assistance in getting removed. After being removed I noticed he had lost quite a few scales around his head area. He also has a gash right behind in head. where he was wiggleing back and forth trying to get out and couldn't. No bleeding or anything. Just a little bit of white feathery looking skin or something. I was woundering what to do to help him get better. Do you think he's going to be okay. I can put pics up later if need be. He also split his tail fin a little. Swimming around slowly, kind of how you move around slow after a car accident.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dose with meal fix and maybe get him a bigger home like a pond..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 10-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm working on that right now. He's still a baby. Maybe about 6-7 inches long. Me and the wife are buying a house and planned on making a one of those nice big ortimental pond with heating and cooling. It was thought of when we got the little guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylb View Post
Dose with meal fix and maybe get him a bigger home like a pond..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
butterfly, fly, help me, koi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com